Welcome to Wagtail Grapple’s documentation!¶
There is a range of GraphQL packages for Python and specifically Django. However, Getting these packages to work out of the box with an existing infrastructure without errors isn’t as easy to come by.
The purpose of Grapple is to be able to build GraphQL endpoints on a model
by model basis as quickly as possible. The setup and configuration have been
designed to be as simple but also provide the best features; No complex serializers
need to be written just add a
graphql_fields list to your model and away
you go (although if you want to go deeper you can!).
- Easily create GraphQL types by adding a small annotation in your models.
- Supports traditional Wagtail models:
- Pages (including Streamfield & Orderables)
- Search (on all models)
- Custom Image & Document model support
- Pagination support
- Advanced headless preview functionality built using GraphQL Subscriptions to enable Page previews on any device!